Do you like to wake up in a cold house on a winter day? How about coming home to a cold home after a long day at work? One of the top causes of winter breakdown is lack of maintenance. Maintenance isn’t a quick check of your system – it is an in-depth appointment, during which your system is thoroughly inspected. But this is just one reason to consider scheduling heating maintenance. There are several other important benefits to scheduling maintenance for your heat pump, as we’ll discuss below. Hiring professionals is critical to achieving the benefits of maintenance, so call the people you can trust: Avis Plumbing, Heating and Air.
What Happens During a Heat Pump Maintenance Appointment?
Here is a quick overview of what will a technician will do during a maintenance appointment for your heat pump:
- Check refrigerant levels
- Check electrical components, including wiring, circuit board and capacitors
- Test the system’s performance
- Cleaning of components, including evaporator coils
- Inspection and cleaning of condensate array
What Are the Benefits of Fall Maintenance?
Because your heat pump offers both heating and cooling, it runs all year-round. This much operation provides more opportunity for wear-and-tear. Preparing your heat pump for the winter and summer seasons can help in the following ways:
- Prevent repair – the thorough inspection your system undergoes allows the technician to detect any existing or developing problems. This allows you to get ahead of repairs for the coming season.
- Extend life of system – keeping your heat pump in good operation means the system does not run while stressed. This can help reduce premature aging.
- Improve energy efficiency – when your system gets bogged down with dirt and dust, and components have become worn from use, the system can’t operate at its normal efficiency level. This can cause higher energy bills for you. During maintenance, components are cleaned, adjusted and lubricated as needed, which helps them operate optimally.
Your heat pump does a lot of work, and going into the winter season without scheduling maintenance could lead to problems. Do yourself and your heating a good turn and schedule fall heating maintenance in Riverside, CA with an expert from Avis Plumbing, Heating and Air today!