Ductless mini split systems serve as a viable alternative to conventional centralized air conditioning and heating systems, and have enjoyed a rise in popularity here in the Rancho Cucamonga, CA area. They utilize a series of smaller heating and cooling units spaced throughout your home. Instead of one unit heating or cooling the whole space, each individual units heats or cools a single room or section. That provides a number of benefits, including the ability to shut off the air in parts of the home that no one is occupying. It also gives you some real options when breakdowns occur, since problems usually crop up in one unit at a time. So how do you respond when breakdowns occur? Here’s a quick guide.
- Check the breaker box and the thermostat setting on the affected unit to make sure it’s not some easily solvable problem like the breaker switch flipping or a misaligned heat setting.
- Identify the symptoms as best you can. It takes a technician to spot the cause of the problem, but relaying the symptoms to him or her can help speed up the diagnosis.
- Shut off the unit in question and close the doors to the affected part of the house. That prevents the problems from affecting any of the other units.
- Check any of the other units to make sure there are no similar symptoms. This is rare, but it can happen, and while only a trained professional can diagnose the issue, it helps to identify the scope of the problem.
- Set up another part of the house to occupy. Chances are, the problem stems from one of the busier units in your home, since they see the most work and run the biggest chance of a breakdown.
Call Avis Plumbing, Heating and Air for assistance with a troublesome ductless HVAC system!