No one wants to think about the possibility of replacing their air conditioning system, but if you have had your home for a number of years, it is a likely scenario. There are multiple benefits to replacing an outdated and/or malfunctioning system, and if you are considering the replacement of your current rooftop unit with a new one, the cooler fall temperatures give you a great window of time to do so. Hiring professionals for any new air conditioning installation in Riverside, CA, is important, and Avis Plumbing, Heating and Air brings over 60 years of experience to every job.
Benefits of Replacing Your Current AC
No matter what type of air conditioner you may have, there are several benefits to replacing your aging AC with a new one:
- Better energy efficiency – today’s air conditioner are very energy efficient; in fact, they are up to 60% more energy efficient than models from just 10 years ago. In addition, federal laws regarding minimum SEER number requirements for newly-manufactured air conditioners were raised from 10 to 13 in 2006. This means that if your AC is 8 years old or older, it may have a SEER number lower than the current standard. The EPA estimates that you can save up to 10% on annual energy costs for every SEER point higher you go. If your AC has a SEER under 13, you may be losing money in energy bills.
- Better comfort – aging air conditioners can struggle to keep up with your cooling needs. This can result in a lack of cooling power, or uneven cooling resulting in hot-and-cold spots throughout your home. A new AC can meet your cooling needs, and keep you and your family comfortable.
- Less repair work – after an air conditioner reaches a certain age, it can require frequent repair work that adds up – sometimes to the cost of a new system. A new system does not require constant repair, helping both you and your wallet.
Reasons to Install another Rooftop Unit
Here are some reasons to consider purchasing another rooftop unit:
- Security – with a rooftop AC, you don’t have to worry about stolen parts or vandalism.
- Easy access for repair – rooftop units have all the components – the compressor, condenser and evaporator – in a single metal cabinet. This makes it very easy for your technician to access and repair your system.
- Keeps yard space free – if you have a small backyard, you won’t have to relinquish needed yard space to accommodate for the outdoor unit of an AC.
If it’s time to replace your rooftop air conditioning unit, call the people you can trust: Avis Plumbing, Heating and Air.