Cool weather has finally arrived here in Riverside, CA and with it comes increased use of our heaters and furnace. If you haven’t done so already, now is the perfect time to schedule a heating maintenance session to help your system run at its best and to spot potential repair issues before they cause a breakdown. Regular maintenance sessions are a vital part of keeping your heater running at its peak, as well as extending its lifespan well past the warranty date. But what’s involved in a heating maintenance session and how does that differ from a formal repair session? We have a brief breakdown of the steps involved, to give you a better idea of what it’s all about.
- The technician turns off the power to the system and shuts off the gas line, if appropriate.
- The heat exchange is inspected and cleaned. If more repairs are needed, they can be scheduled.
- The blower, flue collector and burners are examined and cleaned.
- All seals and fittings are checked and replaced or tightened if they need to be.
- The fan is examined and adjusted to ensure it’s operating the way it should.
- All electrical wiring is closely checked, especially around the connections. Loose wiring will be tightened and frayed wiring will be replaced.
- The temperature rise levels in the heat exchanger will be checked to ensure proper functioning.
- The entire system will be carefully check for leaks, including pipe joints, gas lines, the duct strapping and the plenum above the furnace.
- The filters will be replaced or cleaned if they’re permanent filters.
- The system will be turned on again and run for 15-20 minutes to ensure that everything is functioning properly.
If a heating maintenance session is overdue in your household, then the pros at Avis Plumbing, Heating and Air are here to help. Give us a call today!